Hey hey! So, I have some Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments up on the “chopping block” today. These are actually minis (2.2 g) that came in a 8 pack (I think?) I got them a while ago and I already used the clear ones up and I lost the Honey and Rose (which was my FAVORITE from the 8 pack!) So we are left with these 4 for review:
If you have never tried any Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments then i’ll start off by telling you that they are ALL super moisturizing. They feel really slick and wet when you apply them, but they eventually dry out slightly and feel just like a lip balm. Now, these (or any Fresh product in general) cost a pretty penny, so before you spend your money on them I thought i’d give you some pros and cons. (In my own opinion of course!)
– Very moisturizing…these are so comfortable to wear. They feel kind of “slippery” and they glide on lips with ease.
– Very pigmented. They feel like a balm, but wear like a lipstick. Its the best of both worlds!
– Has SPF 15…always a good thing!
– Covers. The covers are a cool twist off style so they really stay protected and would never slip off if you keep them in your purse.
– Wear time. Despite having a balm like texture, the pigmentation on these lasts quite a while. They lasted about 4-5 hours and through a meal. Some of them left a subtle pretty stain on my lips.
– Price. These babies are expensive at $22 for 4.3 g. If you have the budget then I would say you should defiantly try one. But I wouldn’t quite say you should save up in order to get one…I’m kind of on the fence.
– Texture. They are soft and I could easily see them melting in any sort of warm/ hot weather (or even in your pocket.) They would probably not survive a washing/drying cycle either. I have a feeling the mini’s may be worse because they are skinnier than the standard version. When I apply them I have to turn them up the only slightest bit or else it feels like the balm will snap.
– Uneven color distribution. I’m not sure if it’s because they are so pigmented but also have a very balmy soft texture, but these seem to deposit much more color around the edges of my lip than in the center. It’s not too noticeable from a standard distance and it gets better the longer you wear it.
– Application. These are slightly difficult to apply. You really need a mirror to apply them because they are so pigmented you can’t just apply them like a balm or you will look like a clown. They also have a tendency to migrate out of the lip line, so you may have to check yourself often. 😉
Plum is just that…a sheer wine hued plum. (This is the sheerest of the 4)
Passion is a sheer orange-y red. Very pretty and slightly tropical feeling 🙂
Coral is a sheer warm orange tinged coral.
Berry is a sheer cool berry with purple undertones.
So, I really DO love these, they last a surprisingly long time and are very comfortable to wear. My favorites are the berry and the coral (and Rose but I lost that one 🙁 ), but Fresh has some new ones i’d love to try like the Petal which is a sheer pink!
Have you tried and Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments, or are they on your list of “must tries”?
Hope you all have a great day! Thanks so much for reading! xoxo, Kristina