When I recently had the opportunity to try out a new Kiss InstaWave Automatic Curling Iron through Brandbacker I was intrigued, excited and to be honest a little bit nervous.
As someone who normally lets her hair air dry, this was a big deal! I was finally going to get rid of my relic of a curling iron from 2004. (Gee, no wonder I never want to do my hair, the thing did more harm then good!) I don’t know if it was laziness, or my frugal nature (or a combination of the two) but I never took the opportunity to upgrade my hair tools…until now. Talk about a big jump…the Kiss InstaWave pretty much does all of the work for you, after you get the hang of it that is.
From the Website:
“The Kiss InstaWave is designed to easily help you achieve salon quality curls at the push of a button. You can achieve all types of curls by adjusting the heat setting and time. If you want looser curls: curl for 3-5 seconds on LOW. If you want medium curls: curl for 4-8 seconds on LOW or HIGH. If you want tight curls or spirals: curl for 6-10 seconds on HIGH.”
Some of the key features include:
- Fully automatic, tangle-free curler
- Innovative design lets you curl from any position using either hand
- Curl Dial makes it simple to switch between left and right curl directions
- Ceramic Ionic Technology protects hair for healthy, shiny results
- Two heat settings with maximum temperature of 420° F
- Auto shutoff after 90 minutes for added safety
- Works on any hair type and length
See the results in my video!
It took me about 3 separate “curl- sessions” to completely get the hang of this. I have thin, fine, medium length hair and I think that combo made it slightly more challenging to get it right. After the 4th time I started getting better results and I think I may have been holding it up a little too high and the prongs weren’t catching my hair properly. I also found it a little difficult to create different sized curls, for me it was kind of all or nothing…maybe it’s because of my hair type. However, I am happy with the results I got, but there are some pros and cons which I will go over now…
- Heats up very fast (less than a minute.)
- Lightweight and easy to control in either hand.
- Gives natural looking curls.
- Style’s hair quickly, I was done in about 10-15 minutes.
- Curls seem to last longer than normal and hair seems less damaged.
- Doesn’t tangle hair easily/easy to untangle if it happens.
- Makes a high pitch noise when powered on. (It’s normal though, according to Kiss.)
- Doesn’t grab thin/fine hair very well.
- Hard to reach the back/underneath of your hair if it is short to medium length.
- Difficult for me to achieve different sized curls.
Overall, I am really happy I got the opportunity to try this new curling iron. I have been styling my hair much more often now because it doesn’t take as long and the curly look is really starting to grow on me! It retails for $59.99 and you can find it at Ulta, Target or Amazon.com. (PS if you get it at Ulta, wait for a 20% off coupon to get it for $48! 🙂 )
Do you curl your hair? If so, would you give this automatic curling iron a try?
Thanks so much for stopping by! -Kristina
Let’s Stay Connected: