I’m sure everyone has a different idea of what the “perfect palette” is to them. For me however, Urban Decay’s Naked on the Run comes pretty damn close. I really love palettes that include lots of other makeup items so you can get an easy and cohesive look whether you are on the go or at home. (Thats probably why I loved Urban Decay’s other Anarchy and Shattered palettes so much!) I don’t own any other Naked products so this was defiantly on my wish list for Christmas and my loving fiancee was nice enough to buy it for me! 🙂
The palette itself is gorgeous! It has a pretty “mirrored” tribal/feathered inlay on the cover and has a very nice sturdy weight to it with a magnetic closure. It’s a medium size (5.5 x5 in.) and it could easily be packed into an overnight/gym bag. The only thing it doesn’t have is a makeup brush and I do kind of wish they included a small brush for the shadow…
The inside has a full size mirror which is really awesome! There is also a deluxe size Perversion Mascara, 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner in Stag (new shade), Full Size Naked Gloss in Sesso (new shade), 6 all-new eyeshadows, a bronzer, and a blush.
It’s a little bit difficult to get the mascara and other makeup items out, but that’s not a deal breaker for me. UD also notes that if you have other travel sizes of liners or Naked glosses you can switch them out with whatever shades you want. The shadows are all nicely pigmented but they all have a bit of fallout so be sure to tap your brush or use them damp to minimize the fallout. I swatched them all below with no primer. The extra large 50/50 shade is considered an “all-over” shade so I included it with the blush swatches…
- Dive- a warm metallic rose with golden micro-shimmer.
- Fix- a soft taupe matte. Makes a nice transition color!
- Resist- a medium metallic taupe.
- Dare- a medium brown matte.
- Stun- a metallic bronze with light gold micro-shimmer
- Bronzer is a medium matte bronze. This is very warm and much too orange for my pale ass skin!
- Blush is a vibrant neutral pink with slight shimmer. Blends nicely and not too powdery.
- 50/50 is a cool bisque satin. This can be used as an all over color to give a nice glow. It’s not overly shimmery which is nice.
- Stag is a deep brown satin with tiny flecks of glitter
- Sesso is a medium rose with pink shimmer. The shimmer isn’t that noticeable on the lips in my opinion though. It has an angled applicator and a slight chemical scent, but it fades quickly.
- Perversion Mascara deluxe sample.
Well, overall I really love this palette and everything (besides the bronzer) is very flattering and wearable for me! I think its a fantastic palette for those who love neutral shades or someone who doesn’t have any of the naked palettes yet. It retails for $54 and you can also find it at Ulta where you currently (until 1/24) can get 2 free gifts (a Revolution lipstick sample pod and a travel size 24/7 eyeliner) with a $40 UD purchase!
Do you have your eye on this limited edition palette or are you all nekked out?
Let’s stay connected, please follow me on:
Shop this post: (affiliate link)