The Body Shop already has a great line of best selling Vitamin C products, but they have 2 new additions that are now available! I was sent the new Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturizer and have been using it daily for about 2 weeks. Now I’m ready to give you my thoughts!
It is widely known that skin care products with Vitamin C are great for helping to improve your skin’s texture and tone but Vitamin C also helps increase collagen production and it’s antioxidant properties aid in protecting skin against environmental stresses.
The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturizer:
“This gel-cream moisturizer helps to boost skin’s glow while leaving skin feeling energized and hydrated.“- The Body Shop. It is also infused with Amazonian Camu Camu Berries which have up to 60x the Vitamin C power of oranges!
So what did I think of this new moisturizer?
Just to give you an idea of my skin type before we start, it is combination/acne prone that tends to get oily throughout the day.
– The texture is really great. It’s a lightweight gel that feels cooling and soothing when you apply it. It sinks in fairly quickly, I’d say about 5 minutes, and works well under foundation. Also, it didn’t aggravate my skin or cause any new breakouts.
– It also has a wonderful energizing citrus scent that really adds a nice pick-me up in the morning. The fragrance doesn’t stick around once it skins in, but it’s nice to have that light citrus aroma for a short while.
– The jar is a nice heavy duty hard plastic with a sturdy feel. I have to say, The Body Shop has been doing a beautiful job with packaging their new skincare products.
Was there anything I didn’t like?
– No SPF. As a daytime product, I would prefer it had a little bit of SPF in it, but I guess I will have to use foundation with SPF or a regular sunscreen on top.
– Packaging. While the packaging sure is pretty to look at, I don’t think it’s practical for a Vitamin C product. A pump would help keep the Vitamin C more potent for a longer period. Plus, pumps are far more sanitary.
– Not the most moisturizing formula, but it is a great option for the hot summer months.
After using this for 2 weeks, I have noticed slight improvements to my skin’s overall radiance and tone which appears more even than when I started. I really enjoy using this moisturizer everyday and hope to see continued improvements the longer I use it. I think it is the perfect summer moisturizer for those with normal/combo skin or for those who don’t need a ton of wrinkle fighting ingredients in their daily skincare routine. $30 for 1.7 oz, available now!
Other new products from The Body Shop this month:
– Vitamin C Instant Glow Enhancer, which enhances skin with a rosy tint while leaving it velvety-soft.
– 3 New Honey Bronze makeup products
– New Kajal, Gel and Felt Tip Eyeliners.
Does this new Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturizer interest you at all?
Like what you see? Why don’t you up for my NEWSLETTER to get new posts by e-mail!
Let’s stay connected! Please follow me on:
I was sent this product for free as part of The Body Shop’s Influencer program, all opinions are my own.