These splurge or save posts are some of my favorite ones to do, I have already done a couple of others for mascara and brow gel. This time, I wanted to compare 2 of my favorite foundation brushes and let you know if I think you should SPLURGE or SAVE.
The 2 foundation brushes I will be comparing are:
I really do love both of these brushes and I use both of them quite frequently. They can be used with powder or liquid foundation, or pretty much any other face makeup you like (blush, highlighter, setting powder.) I mainly use them with liquid foundation, but sometimes I do apply powder foundation with them.
The Sephora Classic #45 is made up of antibacterial synthetic bristles. (To be honest I bought mine about 2 years ago, so I am not sure if it has changed at all.) The head is medium density with a rounded tip and super soft bristles. $24
The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush is made up of soft, synthetic taklon bristles. The head is more compact/firmer than the Sephora brush and the shape is slightly broader. This brush also gives slightly better coverage when applying foundation. $8.99
- Both brushes have soft synthetic bristles with hardly any shedding.
- They can both be used with powder or liquid foundation formulas.
- The Real Techniques brush has shorter firmer bristles, while Sephora’s is less compact and more “fluffy” feeling.
- The Real Techniques leaves slight brush stroke lines (with liquid foundation) so it requires a bit more blending.
- Sephora’s brush is better with powders than the Real Techniques one.
- The Real Techniques brush has a sturdier design and seems less likely to break. It can also stand on it’s own thanks to the wide rubberized base.
Although I do love and use both of these brushes all of the time, if I were only able to buy one, I think it would be the Real Techniques. Mainly because the $15 savings would allow me to buy another brush for less than the price of the Sephora one! Also, Ulta often has 50% or BOGO 50% sales on Real Techniques brushes, giving you an even better deal. However, if you are looking to splurge, I’m sure the Sephora #45 wouldn’t disappoint!
Have you tried either of these brushes? What do you think of my verdict?
Let’s stay connected! Please follow me on:
Like this? Please Share: