Hey girls, hope you all had a nice weekend! Can you believe there is only 2 days until Thanksgiving?! What kind of plans do you have, are you doing the cooking? We are just having a small gathering at our house this year, but I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner.
Since the Holidays are fast approaching, I thought I would show you a quick and relatively easy way to style your hair using the Ultra CHI flat iron. I like to get dressed up and looking nice just as much (if not more) than I like preparing (and eating) the meal, so I’m always looking for nice, yet easy and practical hair styles for Holiday parties. Luckily, I already have my makeup routine down pat.
The tool I will be using to create this cute Holiday look is the Ultra CHI Pinkfetti flat iron which is an Ulta exclusive and comes with a cute metallic pewter tote. I wanted to get this post up early enough because I saw on Ulta’s Black Friday preview that Ultra CHI flat irons & dryers will be on sale for $74.96 with this 25% off coupon that is good through 11/28. (reg. $149.95) Online black friday deals start at 8pm EST (5pm CST).
- 1″ Tourmaline ceramic plates (for even heat distribution and a ceramic heater that produces far infrared and negative ions.)
- Flash quick 30 second heat up
- Swivel cord for tangle prevention (this cord is nice and long!)
- Reaches a max. temperature of 392 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius (heat is non-adjustable)
Tutorial – Holiday Ready Hair with Ultra CHI
On damp hair apply some heat protectant product or styling aid and blow dry hair until dry.
- Clamp hair with straightener somewhat close to the root. (But still far enough away because you are going to be rolling the straightener backwards 2 times.)
- Take the piece of hair and fold it over the straightener towards your head.
- Now flip the straightener backwards once
- Then flip it back one more time, and slowly slide straightener down the hair while holding the end piece with the other hand until you get to the end. The slower you go, the better curl you will get. (Not too slow or you might burn your hair!)
- Repeat steps 1-4 on entire head and voilà, you’re done!
My thin, straight hair is so stubborn at holding curls and I have to say that this method seriously gave me the longest lasting curls I’ve ever had! I also adore the fun glitter pattern and you don’t have to worry about it flaking off because it has a smooth sealant over it.
You can also get a great smooth style with this flat iron that lasts all day. (Even though my hair is straight it still gets frizzy and unruly if I don’t straighten it.) I also tried putting my curls in an up-do and left one piece down in the front which is a look I really liked and it’s so practical if I’m going to be cooking on Thanksgiving!
If you are in the market for a new (or just a great) straightener, I highly suggest the Ultra CHI! Plus you can beat the deal at Ulta right now.
Are you doing any Black Friday shopping? I do all of mine online 😉
Let’s stay connected! Please follow me on: