Unfortunately, as we get older our skin begins to show it’s age and in my opinion, one of the most obvious places is in the lips. They get thinner, and crepe-y lines start to form around the outside edges… I know lip injections are popular among lots of women but if a filler isn’t your thing (and I don’t blame you) there are other options out there like the one I’m going to talk about today.
The Michael Todd Intensive Cream Lip Treatment is formulated with skin plumping, smoothing and firming ingredients such as Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera Juice and Actimp™. (I’ll go over the ingredients & benefits first, then I’ll talk about how the product worked for me.)
Ingredients & Benefits:
- Soluble Collagen
- Naturally occurring protein in the skin that is responsible for skin’s elasticity and firmness
- Infused collagen plumps and smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles from the inside out
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Naturally occurring hydrating water binding molecule
- Attracts water to the skin’s surface to plump and smooth fine lines and wrinkles from the from the inside out while delivering nourishing hydration to the skin’s outer layers
- Actimp™ (Peptide blend extracted from Parisian sustainably farmed Sweet white Lupine Flower)
- Present day, extracted peptides from the Lupine flower are clinically validated to strengthen the dermal-epidermal junction restoring elasticity & firmness while healing & repairing through an increase in collagen & elastin production and a decrease in damaging enzymes
- Clinically validated to increase collagen production by 95% after 10 days
- Protects and preserves the skin’s firmness and elasticity by halting the production of destructive enzymes produced by the skin due to UV exposure by 93% in 10 days
- Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
- Nature’s first aid kit is known for its’ soothing, healing and anti-inflammatory properties
The product comes in a sleek squeeze tube in the classic Michael Todd color palette. The lip cream‘s consistency is a little bit hard to describe, but it’s thin and easy to spread. Actually, it is kind of reminiscent of the Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment. It has an invigorating minty scent, but I don’t see any peppermint oil in the ingredients so you don’t need to worry if that is something that bothers you! The applicator tip is one of my favorite parts about the treatment, it is refreshingly cold and feels absolutely amazing on the lips! To use, you simply squeeze out a little bit (as shown in my photo above) and massage the entire lip area in small circles. Don’t forget the outside lip edge to help combat crepey lines.
Now, I don’t feel like this is incredibly moisturizing on its own because it sinks in rather quickly. So, when I use it during the day I usually like to layer it with a moisturizing lip balm on top. However, when I use it before bed I don’t have an issue because I’m sleeping and not rubbing my lips together constantly, which is a bad habit of mine. As far as results go, my lips are already pretty plump (genetic lottery, I know) but I have noticed that it’s helped with the fine lines that are beginning to form around my lips. I have been using it off and on for about 3 weeks, and I am going to try and be more religious about it in the hopes that I see even better results!
If you have been searching for a lip treatment for at home use, I think this one is worth trying before you consider any drastic measures. Also, Michael Todd suggests using it in conjunction with their 3-in-1 sonic, ionic and thermal Eraser Serum Infuser, which will help the products penetrate deeper and more evenly.
The Lip Treatment retails for $48 and can be found at michaeltoddusa.com
Do you have thinning or aging lips? What’s your current “lip care” routine?