Greetings beauty friends! I wanted to get this post up sooner because Zoya has been having some good Holiday sales. However, Holiday shopping and general stress has had me feeling out of sorts and fatigued. I can’t believe Christmas is in less than 2 weeks… like, yikes! Are you done shopping yet? I am about 95% done, and I just need to wrap.
Anyway, I’m sure most of you know by now that I LOVE lipstick. (I would shout it from the rooftops if I actually had the guts to get up on a roof, haha!) So, when Zoya sent me their entire lipstick collection (minus Mackenzie) to review, I nearly flipped a lid! I actually already own about half of these, so I used those from my personal stash for swatching, and saved the duplicates for a giveaway! 😀
What a pretty rainbow, right?? Zoya makes amazing nail polish, it’s some of my absolute favorite. I am happy to report that they pretty much rock the lipstick game as well! (WTG Zoya!)
The very first lipstick that they made was the Matte Velvet Red back in December of 2014. I used my old one for swatches and I’m not sure if the new one is the same formula, but I hope it is because it is awesome. The majority of the rest of these are very creamy and nicely pigmented. They are also vegan, and they have no flavor or scent which is a big plus for me. I’m not sure why they didn’t send out Mackenzie in the PR package, but I already had it so I included swatches of it for you.
- Cameron is a pale nude cream. It’s a bit too concealer-ish for my skin tone, and it did settle into lip lines a bit.
- Wren is a light peachy nude. This was a bit more wearable, but it also settled into lip lines a bit. (You could only really notice it from close up though.)
- Brooke is a glittery light mauve. This was the least pigmented of the whole bunch, so it took several passes to achieve this level of opacity. Still a pretty color though.
- Belle is a frosty pink with gold shimmer. The shimmer in this is very fine and didn’t feel gritty when on the lips.
- Paisley is a blush rose cream. This is one of my favorite shades, it’s very flattering!
- Mackenzie is a raisin-berry cream. Very opaque and great for fall & winter.
- Candy is a cool toned, bright pink cream. This is a fabulous color for spring!
- Jasmine is a deep fuchsia plum cream. This is a newer shade, and it’s another fave.
- Mellie is a red-pink cream. This color is so gorgeous and one of my go-to’s in summer.
- Frankie is a bright scarlet red cream. This red really brightens up my face.
- Georgia is described as a berry shade, but I definitely think it’s more of a red with slight berry tones.
- Matte Velvet Red is a cool toned red matte. The formula is very velvety feeling, and not dry at all. I get over 6 hours of wear, but it does start drying out a bit around hour 5.
- Maxwell is a vampy plum with fuchsia shimmer. The shimmer is only slightly noticeable, but sometimes I can catch it in the light.
All in all, these Zoya lipsticks are bomb and I hope they keep making more shades! My favorites out of these 13 are Mellie, Jasmine, Paisley, Mackenzie, and Matte Velvet Red! They retail for $12 each and you can find them on the Zoya website.
HAVE YOU TRIED ANY ZOYA LIPSTICKS YET?