Greetings lovely readers! How is this week treating you so far? Lately, I’ve been feeling wiped out. I’m guessing it’s because I have to get up early again since school is back in session. It’s never easy for those of us that are night owls! Anyway, I’ve finally gotten around to swatching the OPI Iceland Collection, and boy is it gorgeous. This collection is for fall and winter and there are plenty of colors to help make the transition easy.
The latest collection from OPI contains 6 cremes, 2 shimmers, and 1 metallic shade. With each shade, application was a breeze and pigmentation was great. I had no issues whatsoever. Of course, with OPI we have the great and unique polish names that we’ve come to expect. However, I’ll be going into a little more detail, a bit of Iceland facts, if you will, with most of the polishes here. I just wanted to add a bit more fun & knowledge to your standard nail polish swatch post. 🙂
OPI Iceland Collection
I’LL HAVE A GIN & TECTONIC
I’ll Have a Gin & Tectonic is a warm peach cream.
– Gin is a popular spirit in Iceland. Also, Iceland is probably the only place in the world where the effects of two major tectonic plates drifting apart can easily be observed above sea level.
ICELANDED A BOTTLE OF OPI
Icelanded a Bottle of OPI is a neutral taupe/gray
ONE HECKLA OF A COLOR!
One Heckla Of A Color! is a warm, lilac purple.
– Heckla is a stratovolcano in the south of Iceland with a height of 4,892 ft.
Krona-Logical Order is a cool, dark brown.
– The Icelandic Króna is the currency of Iceland.
THIS ISN’T GREENLAND
This Isn’t Greenland is a pistachio green creme.
LESS IS NORSE
Less Is Norse is a cool navy blue creme.
– Norse is a religion that refers to traditions of the Norsemen prior to the Christianization of Scandinavia, specifically during the Viking Age. Also, Old Norse is a medieval North Germanic language attested in Norway and Iceland.
Aurora Berry-Alis is a warm berry/pink.
– A play on the word Aurora Borealis, which is a natural light display in the sky, predominantly seen in the high latitude (Arctic and Antarctic) regions.
CHECK OUT THE OLD GEYSIRS
Check Out The Old Geysirs is a cool sky blue with a very slight shimmer. (I really only notice it in the bottle.)
– The formation of the Great Geysir was discovered in 1294 when a violent earthquake shook Iceland’s southern lowlands, altering the geothermal area in the valley of Haukadalur.
SUZI & THE ARTIC FOX
Suzi & The Arctic Fox is a midnight blue creme.
– Well, we all know that Suzi is the founder of OPI! Also, the arctic fox is an incredibly hardy animal that can survive frigid Arctic temperatures as low as –58°F.
TURN ON THE NORTHERN LIGHTS!
Turn On The Northern Lights! is a deep purple base with magenta shimmer throughout.
– The Northern Lights (aka Aurora Borealis) are very common in Iceland where residents can enjoy them readily from late August until the end of April.
REYKJAVIK HAS ALL THE HOT SPOTS
Reykjavik Has All The Hot Spots is a medium pink metallic.
– Yup, Reykjavik is the capital and largest city in Iceland, making it a great tourist destination.
THAT’S WHAT FRIENDS ARE THOR
OPI That’s What Friends Are Thor is a warm, milk chocolate brown.
– Thor was one of the most important and famous gods in Norse mythology. He was considered the storm-weather god of sky and thunder and also a fertility god.
Overall, I think this is a great, solid collection with fantastic names that were well thought out. I hope you enjoyed the fun little tidbits of information I decided to add! A few of my favorites are: Turn On the Northern Lights! (of course), Icelanded a Bottle of OPI, Less Is Norse, and This Isn’t Greenland.
→ The OPI Iceland Collection polishes are $10.50/ea. and you can find them now at Ulta.com!