This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf, all opinions are mine alone. #FashionColorExpert #sponsored
Fall is in full swing here in the Northeast! We have been having very mild weather so far, but yesterday morning was a brisk 34°. That’s already cold enough for me, but I know it’s only going to get worse. What is the weather like in your neck of the woods, beauties? This weather is giving me all the fall feels and it’s inspiring me to transition my wardrobe and makeup to hues better suited for autumn.
So, I headed to my local Walmart to browse the selection of Schwarzkopf Color Ultîme hair colors. I hemmed and hawed over the different options for a while, and I finally decided on shade 5.28 “Cocoa Red”. I wish I was brave enough to chose a bolder color like Mahogany Red or Black Cherry, but maybe next time! Cocoa Red seemed pretty close to my current hair shade, just a little darker and red tones instead of golden.
Here is my quick hair coloring video, so you can see how easy it is to do at home!
If you don’t feel like watching the video, I included my final “Before & After” photo below. I feel like the color came out very close to what the box results showed, and I am very happy with it. The shade that I achieved was a bit hard to capture on camera, but people at work definitely noticed that it was more red.
Here are the steps I take to dye my hair:
- First, I always conduct a patch test to the underside of my hair to make sure I don’t have any reactions.
- Then, I apply a light barrier around my hairline using vaseline. This helps avoid skin staining.
- Next, I apply my gloves and mix the color cream into the developer lotion bottle and shake, shake, shake.
- I start applying the mixture on the front and top of my head, using the tip of the bottle to separate my hair into sections.
- Once I get most of my roots covered, I massage larger amounts into the ends of my hair and loosely pile it on the top of my head.
- I wait the required 30 minutes for full head color, then I rinse throughly until the water runs clear.
- Finally, I apply the conditioning treatment and leave in for 3 minutes before rinsing. I save the remaining conditioner for future use once a week to protect color vibrancy.
I was so excited to try this hair color because it promises to defy fading for up to 9 weeks of shiny, long-lasting color. There are a variety of vibrant, fashion shades available as well as more natural shades. So there is really something for everyone! Plus, there is currently a rebate available for Schwarzkopf hair color and Gliss hair care products, so you can try them yourself for FREE! It doesn’t get much better than that. 🙂
To compliment my new hair color, I decided to do an easy fall makeup look to match. I used a shimmering copper eyeshadow gel that really makes my eyes pop. Then, I used a warm coral/pink blush and a creamy coral lipstick to finish the look. Also, I too the above pictures after 4 hair washes and my hair still looks as vibrant and fresh as it did on the first day!
→ If you are contemplating a new hair color for fall, you can find the Schwarzkopf Color Ultime products online now, or in your local Walmart store! Don’t forget to get that mail-in-rebate!