Happy Thanksgiving Eve my friends! I am SO busy today getting things prepped and the house cleaned for tomorrow’s feast. I had to get this post up though because November is world vegan month and the month is almost over. (Time has been really getting away from me lately!) To honor the special month, I thought it would be fun to put together a post of some of my very favorite vegan beauty products. Now, I don’t exclusively use vegan products, but it does feel good to have some items without any animal ingredients. Some of these products I have purchased and some are PR samples, but all opinions are my own.
- The Hempz Original Sugar Body Scrub is a new favorite of mine. It has a thick texture and very fine sugar grains which deliver nice exfoliation without being too harsh. My skin is left feeling soft and hydrated but not greasy. Plus, it has the most delicious scent that is the perfect combo of sweet & tart. All Hempz products are cruelty free and 100% vegan. $19.95
- Nature’s Gate was one of the first natural/vegan companies I knew. They have since re-packaged their products for a sleek, updated look but with the same great quality of course. The Aloe Vera Body Wash is what I use for myself and my kids. It has a gentile, gel like formula and a soft almond scent. It’s not incredibly moisturizing, so I do prefer it for the warmer months. Also, since 2008 Nature’s Gate is also a proud partner of WaterAid, which helps to support the development of sustainable uses for rainwater and help communities, families and children. All products are 100% vegan and cruelty free! $6.99
- I have always known The Body Shop to be a cruelty free company, but I guess their status is pending (via Logical Harmony.) However, they do have a lot of vegan items available and they make it easy to find them by having a “vegan products” tab on their site. The Himalayan Charcoal Mask is one of my favorite items on that list! It works wonderfully to clarify and exfoliate my skin. I always feel so refreshed and energized after using this mask and my skin never feels too dry or tight afterwards! I have reviewed a few of their masks in the past, and you can find the review here. $28
- If you’ve been following my blog for a while then you should know that Osmosis makes some of my favorite foundation. This is my first time trying some of their skincare and I must say that I was thoroughly pleased! (But I already knew I would be.) The Polish Enzyme Firming Mask is packed with cranberry enzymes to gently remove dead skin cells from the surface without damaging deeper layers of the skin. This kind of exfoliation is ideal for those with sensitive skin. With continued use of 1-2 times a week, this mask will also smoothes fine lines and brightens hyperpigmentation. The mask itself has a thin gel-like consistency and a delicious fruity scent. $50
- Dr.Woods is a company that focuses on all-natural soaps. Similar to Dr.Bronner’s in my opinion, but slightly more affordable. My absolute favorite product from them is the Black Soap Facial Cleanser. I have used it as a face wash and it does work beautifully. However, my main use for this face wash is to clean my makeup brushes and sponges. It is the BEST brush cleanser that I have ever used! (Seriously, I’ve been saying this for years.) It’s hard to find Dr.Woods products in stores near me, so I always stock up using Vitacost.com. $6.99
- I’ve used Aluminum free deodorant before, but this is my first experience with LaVanila. Their Vanilla Grapefruit perfume is one of my favorites, so I was really excited to try the Healthy Deodorant. (There are 5 other scents available if you fancy something different.) Unfortunately, it doesn’t have the same lovely scent as the perfume, but I find that it does work really well for me. I usually have to re-apply during the day, but I’d rather that than use regular deodorants. $14
- Zoya is one of my very favorite nail polish brands, but their lipsticks are also top notch! They released their first lip shade in 2014 and they have since expanded to 24 shades (as of 2017). They offer the lipsticks in a few different finishes like creme, shimmer, and matte, but they are all pigmented and comfortable to wear. You can find all of my Zoya lipstick reviews on this page. $12
- If your looking for a lip product that is more lightweight, the Vasanti Best Balm Forever Tinted Lip Balms are it. These adorable lippies hydrate like a balm but they provide a sheer wash of color that can be built up to moderate opacity. There are 6 shades available, and Vasanti products are also cruelty free. (See my full review of them here.) $22
- EcoTools makeup brushes have long been some of my favorite. I have one of their OG blush brushes from about 5 years ago and it’s still going strong. They have since updated the look of the brushes but they are still as soft as ever, not to mention they are affordable. I was in need of a fan brush for applying highlighter and I picked up this great little Define & Highlight Duo at Ulta for just $11.99!
- I can say with certainty that Pacifica is a company who’s products I’ve never been disappointed with. And I’ve tried a lot of them! Their Lilac perfume is incredible and their polishes are always consistently great quality. All of their products are cruelty free and 100% vegan, which makes it even sweeter! (See all my Pacifica reviews here.)
- I was first introduced to LVX a few years ago through Jen of My Beauty Bunny. LVX is a luxury nail polish brand that is produced in the USA. The company looks to the runway to create collections that feature emerging trends and color palettes. I recently reviewed their gorgeous fall/winter collection, so be sure to check that out! All of their products are cruelty free and 100% vegan. $18
So there you have it! What do you think of my picks, have you tried any of them before? I’d love to know some of your favorite vegan brands or products, so leave me a comment below! 🙂 From my house to yours, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!
SHOP THIS POST: