I know what you’re thinking…”Purple Lipstick?” Yes! While not every shade of purple lipstick is super wearable, I have some great everyday choices here, as well as bold ones. I was so excited to hear that the Pantone Color of the Year for 2018 was Ultra Violet, and I knew I would be putting together a few favorites posts based on that. My choices here are pretty well mixed. Some drugstore, some high end, and some cruelty free!
I am just realizing that I didn’t swatch them in order of the flat lay above, and now it’s going to irritate me. lol! Anyway, here are the arm swatches of the colors I chose and I’ll give more description below.
- Maybelline Visionary – This is one of the new additions to their Super Stay Matte Ink line. It is a warm purple/gray with a super long lasting matte finish.
- Pony Effect So Good – I received this in a Rakuten Affiliate box, and I don’t think the brand is readily available in the US. Maybe on Amazon or Ebay though. Anyway this lipstick is more of a berry/purple and it’s a great everyday color with a matte finish.
- Too Faced Pitch Perfect – (CF) This is also more of a berry/purple shade but I just love the color and finish so much! It has a smooth matte feel that isn’t too drying.
- NYX Fatal Attraction – (CF) This one is a warm, bold purple with a silky matte finish.
- NYX Fearless – (CF) This shade is a bit out there, but I kind of love it. It’s a cool, pastel purple matte that is sure to turn a few heads!
- Smashbox Tabloid – (CF) This is one of my absolute favorite purples. It is a warm purple/fuchsia with a creamy, comfortable finish.
- Revlon HD Twilight – This deep wine/purple is comfortable & creamy.
- ABH Orchid – (CF) This is very similar in color to Tabloid, but it has a glossy finish. I must say, that it lasts a long time for a gloss though.
- Zoya Violette – (CF) This lipstick from Zoya is a warm, dusty purple with a creamy finish. This is another absolute favorite of mine.
- Urban Decay Bittersweet – (CF) This beauty from UD is a warm, bold purple gloss. It is a bit sheer, but it can be built up a bit for more opacity.
So, there you have it! 10 of my very favorite purple lipsticks. Do you see any shades that you like, or is purple too bold of a color for you? I know I listed a bunch here, but the ones I can’t live without are Tabloid, Pitch Perfect, and Violette!
If you have any favorite purple lip colors, I’d love to know what they are! Leave me a comment below ↓